Simple Pleasures

Friday, October 30, 2009

First Post

Since I am very busy with grad. school, work, and a HUBBY dinners in this house have to be fast and simple. I figured I would start a blog to share some fast and yummy dinner ideas with everyone. A favorite I made about a week ago was Swiss Steak. It is a crock-pot dinner which is perfect for after a long day.

Swiss Steak
1.5 lbs round steak
2-4 Tbsp. flour
1/2 lb. sliced carrorts or 1 lb. baby carrots ( I used baby)
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
8 oz. can tomato soup
1/2 cup of water

1. Cut steak into serving size pieces. Dredge in flour.
2. Place carrots in bottom of slow cooker. Top with steak,
3. Combine soup mix, tomato sauce, and water. Pour over the steak.
4. Cover cook 8-10 hours on Low.

I served it over mashed potatos. I didn't take pictures, but I will update later with pictures. It was very good, and the leftovers tasted great too!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home