Simple Pleasures

Friday, January 1, 2010

Beer Bread

I had beer bread from a Tastefully Simply mix before and loved it, but I didn't have any of the mix so I found this recipe on Gimme Some Oven and decided to try it. I made it the night before since it was snacking on before Thanksgiving, I know I need to improve on updating the blog. It was great the next day but the piece I snagged while it was warm was even better, so I would recommend trying to make this right before you are going to eat it. This is super easy bread no need to worry about rising time or yest, so there is no reason not make a loaf.



Beer Bread
Makes 1 loaf

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. honey
1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
8 Tbsp. (one stick) butter, melted (you could cut in half but the southern girl in me decided not to)

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees and grease and 9"x5"3" loaf pan.

2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

3. Using a wooden spoon stir the beer and honey into the dry ingredients until just mixed. ( microwave the honey to make this easier, it just takes a few seconds)

4. Pour half the melted butter into the loaf pan.

5. Then spoon the batter into the pan, and pour the rest of the butter on top.

6. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home